Sunday, March 26, 2017

Day 26 - Yosemite

I finally got to go to the famous Yosemite National Park late last year, with my family, my sister's family, and my aunt's family (who were visiting from the UK)


The impressive El Capitan


Half Dome

Sentinel Dome, which we climbed

The final stretch of Sentinel Dome. This was unique because I did this with a toe splint and special footwear that I had been wearing, to correct an issue with my foot.

This is the Tunnel View. You can see all the major rocks from here - among others, El Capitan, Half Dome and Sentinel Dome
Panoramic View of Half Dome. In this picture, you can see how the glaciers have carved out a path (and given that dome its unique look) over the years.
This is as seen from the deck at our vacation rental in Groveland.
Puttachi enjoying her early morning solitude



1 comment:

Mangala said...

Isn't Yosemite glorious?? I always felt like I'd come home when I went there. Beautiful place.

- -