Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Day 1 - A post a day for March

So you thought I'd disappeared? And forgotten this blog? And was using it to link only to my books and the books I've read? Well, I'm back with a post a day for March. And please note that I chose a month with 31 days to show my sincerity.

So what have I been up to? Apart from learning to live in a new country (which sometimes doesn't feel like a different country at all), I've been editing, and I've been writing. I also did some work for a tech start-up. We travelled a fair bit last year, and hopefully, one of the things I'll do this month is do short write-ups on all our travels, with photos, my impressions, and itineraries and other (hopefully) useful information.

My second winter in California wasn't as bad as the first. No chilblains this time (except once) and generally, I've tolerated it better. I've heard people say that - "Oh! Your first winter! Don't worry, it gets better." I wonder why. Does the body adapt? Or is it the mind that adapts?

Before I go, let me leave you with this little bit of news that made me happy.

Chetsang Rinpoche (https://www.facebook.com/drikungkyabgon/)
- liked The Secret Garden
- quoted from it in a public speech while introducing Sonam Wangchuk (who also liked the book!)
- asked for the book to be translated into Tibetan.




If you want to see some reviews and buy the book, this is the place to go for the relevant links.

So I'll see you around with more news and chatty posts.

(Thanks for not giving up on me!)

2 comments:

Radhika said...

Will read everyday without fail :-)

Shruthi said...

Thank you :)

- -