Friday, July 27, 2007

The record

I probably hold the record for taking the longest to finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but at least I finished it!

I had actually not even bothered to pre-book the book coz I was sure I wouldn't be able to read it what with the Little One and all. But S surprised me with a copy on the very day it was released. Oh the joy! Pretty brave of him, though. Didn't he even once think about what would happen to his daughter if I had my nose buried in the book all the time?

Anyway the week went by without any major disasters. But seriously, thanks are due to my mom for understanding my need to finish the book and tolerating my virtual absence. Probably she was just thankful that I hadn't forgotten that I have a baby now!

Like my uncle said, looking at me holding the book with an "I-can't-wait-to-devour-it" look - "And to think that this girl has a baby. Wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it myself".

Now I can return peacefully to Muggle life.

9 comments:

Viky said...

He he...GOLD. Twice!!! :D

Anonymous said...

How is the book by the way?

Shruthi said...

Viky, jobless ;)

Arun, quite good, actually. Didn't like many bits, but on the whole, entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried "the fountain head " by Ayn rand ?
It took me one year to finish the whole book and I regretted every minute I wasted on that book

chitra said...

Hi,

Lucky u! i do take time to read books, but mostly now it is my son's books , learning all the subjects once again, Indus valley civilisation, latitudes, sanskrit, etc etc.

Chitra said...

Ha ha ha....welcome back to the fold !

Prashanth M said...

Lucky you! Here I'm still waiting to get hold of the book... :(

Collection Of Stars said...

I beat your record :) I planned to take a day off to finish the book but then my daughter fell ill and I had to take 3 days off. So juggled the 3 days betwen looking after her and reading HP 7. Otherwise, I would have taken forever and ever.

rajk said...

Hi, I recently finished the book. Loved it..LIke you, didn't like parts of it, where it became a little too confusing and vague..but by the end it all becomes clear and worth it. Specially loved the "19 Years Later", ending!!

- -