Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Day 7 - The Writer's 12-step guide to reacting to a win

1) Receive news of a win/acceptance/publication/good review

2) Dance around the house.

3) Blow your own trumpet on social media.

4) Read the piece that won/was published. Pat yourself on the back. "I'm so brilliant!"

5) Re-read the piece. "Did I really write that? Hmm. Must have been one inspired moment."

6) Re-re-read the piece. "Seriously, I don't think I can write like this again."

7) Eat chocolate. "I can never write another word ever again."

8) Eat more chocolate. "Everybody will come to know that I'm a fraud."

9) Eat a big pack of potato chips. "Why do I even bother getting out of bed?"

10) Pick yourself up, finally, because your family is giving you "the look".

11) Write again. Because, well, you can't not write. And also, deadlines.

12) 1 to 11 - Rinse and Repeat.

No comments:

- -