Sunday, May 24, 2009

Two

This comes two days too late. Puttachi turned two on Saturday.

My sweet Puttachi,

Happy Birthday to you!

Even as I wistfully bid goodbye to the last traces of the baby in you, I welcome with open arms the little girl that you now are, bright, bubbly, energetic, enthusiastic, full of life, itching to share her joys with us.

On one hand, I wait everyday to be pleasantly surprised by the things you say, and on the other hand, I wish I could tape your little mouth shut so that I can have a moment of peace.

On one hand, I watch with amazement at your levels of energy, and on the other hand, I wish some of that energy would rub off on me, enough to tie your hands and legs up.

On one hand, I wake up every morning and miss your antics until you wake up, and on the other hand, I can't wait for you to go to bed at night so that I can catch a few quiet moments.

You are fascinating. You are exasperating.

You amaze me. You exhaust me.

I love the way you do everything with abandonment. Laugh. Dance. Love. Live.

Puttachi, my wish for you on this birthday is that you live the rest of your life with the same kind of joy and fullness with which you have lived these two years.

Puttachi, Thank you for you.

I love you.

Amma.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been a silent reader of your blog and enjoy ur posts a LOT! :) I couldn't help but say that these lines are so lovely and convey the warmth and really touched my heart!
Happy b'day to Puttachi! :)

S Anand said...

Hope she had a lovely birthday.

Swati said...

Happy Birthday to her !

Abhipraya said...

I knew it was May but couldn't remember the date. Hope she had a fabulous birthday. It has been wonderful to "see" her grow through your blog. A big hug to her :)

Dhanya said...

Happy B'day Puttachi :)
Hope you fulfill all amma's wishes :)

Shruthi said...

Happy birthday Puttachi :) and Shruthi, wonderful lines. loved them.

Jaanamari's appa said...

Dear Puttachi, you have already lit all our lives - thank you (and your mom) very much. Best wishes that you be a light unto yourself, and light up many more lives as we all grow older together!

- Abhinav, Vijetha, Sanjay

praneshachar said...

what a lovely way to wish ur own
puttachi we all wish you the same continue to have all joy joy for the rest of the life give you amma all the joy to write as we are the beneficiaries pl pl pl do that
bye bye and belated wishes for your birthday the second in the series

HUTTU HABBADA HARDHIKA SHUBHASHYAGALU
BHAGAWANTHA NINNANNU SADA SUKHAVAGIRISALI
BEDUVEVU NAVU
KODU ONDE VARAVANNU
HE NAMMA DEVE
NI IRISU AVALANU
SADA KSHEMA
SUKHAVAGIRU PUTTACHI AND ALSO S&S
PRANESH

Ravi Lobo said...

Puttachi would feel very proud - when she reads this post; though that won’t be anytime soon. This blog would be a great gift to her.

chitra said...

hi

my blessings to her and please do give her a hug from my side. love her.

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

I missed it :(

Happy belated birthday Puttachi. When do we get to meet you again?

Collection Of Stars said...

Belated birthday wishes to Puttachi :)

LAK said...

Happy birthday to Puttachi!

- -