Thursday, January 21, 2010

Papeeha Once Again

There are a few old posts on which I keep getting comments and mails even now, mostly from people who land there via search engines. But no post generates as many mails as the one I wrote ages ago, about Sai Paranjpye's Papeeha.

Almost all the mails are similar - It was telecast on DD, I watched it and loved it, I haven't heard anything about it ever since - Do you have any idea if the CD/DVD is available?

When I wrote that piece, I had a completely different set of readers, and so I thought I'd link to it and see if any of you have something to say!

5 comments:

raghunandan said...

no wonder 'paoeeha'got you maximum comments. it is one of your best posts.

Abhipraya said...

Oh I would love to get hold of that CD. I'll keep you posted.

Deepali S said...

Shruthi, your post about the movie "Papeeha" is so very amazing yar.. Thanks a ton!!!! When I read your post I can really relate myself with you and the golen 80's and early 90's. Movies like Vijeta, Thodasa Roomani hojaye, Sanshodhan, Chashmebaddur, Katha, Saath Saath have always amazed me. The stories are so impact, and tightly wowen. I will try finding Papeeha ... Wish me luck... Thanks....

Nikhilesh said...

That post is the first result for "Papeeha Sai Pranjape". I absolutely loved Papeeha then... the song "Matwara Jangal Hamaaar" still haunts me sometimes.

BTW, some old post getting comments... happened on my blog as well, on this post: http://blog.ghushe.com/2005/12/30/phir-wahi-talaash/

BTW, nice blog. Loved reading Puttachi's talk :)

Bunny said...

i couldn't agree more about your post on Papeeha, i was a teenager and the movie totally swept me off my feet. oh what a movie, i would love to watch it again and again and never was able to find a CD or a download. I too would love to get hold of a CD

- -