Thursday, October 04, 2007

Song Tag

I Love Lucy tagged me to disclose which "our song" is.

Do S and I have a song? Yes we do. And how well both of us remember the song! That night, dark, silent, warm...a sense of expectation and anticipation.... S was holding my hand....waiting... and waiting.... and suddenly, from out of the silence, burst forth the song - the sweetest we had heard.... the one we had waited for, for so long... so long.......

But the anticlimax was that the moment he heard that song, S let go of my hand and went off in the direction of the song. Can't blame him though, I would have done the same had I been mobile.

Ok, ok, I know you already guessed what I am talking about - I am talking about the day Puttachi was born - and the song? Her cry of course!

*Ducking to avoid rotten eggs and tomatoes* Please excuse me, and indulge me a bit! We are brand new parents!

Hmm... and to prove that we do have a life besides Puttachi, here it is - The songs that I consider "our songs" are Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, and Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.

Please note the use of the word "I" and not "we" in the previous sentence. I am sure S will read this and ask me, "Really? Are those "our songs"? Why?"

That brings us to the second part of the tag - Why these are our songs. I will leave that for tomorrow (Tomorrow never comes). I have already spoken too much, and speaking more can be hazardous to my health. That's what comes from blogging in your real name and having all your friends and family read your blog.

And now. the interesting part - I tag - Ano, Madhu, Poppin's Mom, Devaki, Abhipraya, Shyam, and Shark. Chitra(Same Old Anon) , C (stop gazing at Lake Burley Griffin and comment, lazy bum!) and R(you long-haired charmer, I know you are reading this!), please write yours in the comments section - Do you guys have "a song", which is it, and why? Go!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, this is a tough one.....

We would nominate - "Right Here Waiting" - by Richard Marx for the both of us;

and

"Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari" for the little one.

Anonymous said...

Oh! This blog is for the grihasthas!!. I better keep out.
- Raaji

I love Lucy said...

Kalli!! *wink*

Anonymous said...

am feeling very sorry that you fell for this forward-to-5 chain kind of 'tagging'.
am sorry, expectations are high

Shruthi said...

Chitra, wow, thanks! :)

Anon, well, if you are on the way to grihastha life, you can try ;)

I Love Lucy, heh heh :)

Anon, ha ha :) This is hardly that kind of "Forward or else the heaven will fall on you" thing! And I guess you have been reading my blog not for very long.... I have a whole Tags category... been doing it from a long time :)
Anyway, I am honoured that you think so high of me!

Shammi said...

Oh Shruthi, how are the lofty fallen! You took up a tag, tch tch... :D :D

PS. Since I was earthbound in the first place, I'll take up th tag, but of course :)

Amgele Loku said...

:-) good one!

Anonymous said...

oo i love wish u were here by pink floyd. but my latest obsession is with phantom planet. that's what i kept in my blog

Viky said...

Only two?
No song which played while you were having dinner at some obscure restaurant and the sudden impulse to hold his fingers and waltz away???
No song which you hear on FM and text him to say its on FM? No song which makes him send the text even before you finish typing it up?
No song whose lyrics you wrote down by repeatedly listening to it and mailed to him? No song which came on the loudspeaker when you both were eating pani-puri and pointed out between stuffed mouthfuls that it was indeed YOUR song playing?? None???

*Same old devilish laughter* Muhahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Done! On my blog.

Abhipraya said...

Shruthi,

We've been wracking our brains for the last 2 days because "we" don't have a song. But we do have a movie "City of Angels." However I do have a song that gets me all senti and that's "huzoor is kadar bhi na itraa ke chaliye" My husband sang this for me many many moons ago and had me hooked :) Gosh I don't believe am spilling all the mush. Look what you've done :D

Anonymous said...

a whole tag category?! *faints*

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Noooo Not another tag !! And that too after you (almost) cheated your way through the tag :)

And I love the name Puttachi.

Shruthi said...

Shyam, hyuk, hyuk! Have a lovely time at Croatia!

m, :)

Maverick, lovely song, no? :D

Viky, *splutter* goes to show that you probably have songs for all these.... so come on, spill it out!

Devaki, lovely!

Abhipraya, awwww! :))

Anon, ha ha! *sprinkling water on your face to bring you back to consciousness*

Poppins, take your time, but DO IT! :D

Viky said...

*indifferent snigger*
Not necessarily. You don't have to be a cook to appreciate food.

Shark said...

Done finally :) You can say Thanks ;-)

- -