Monday, May 14, 2012

Mysore, Calicut and Wayanad

We had a lovely ten-day holiday.  A week in Mysore, with the mandatory zoo visit thrown in, but nothing else, really.   Then we went to Calicut where my aunt lives, and stayed there for  day.  We went to the beach and I was gratified to see that Puttachi loved it.  Her previous beach visit was a disaster.  She was terrified of the waves and refused to go in, so it was lovely to see her enjoy it.  The beach isn't too clean there, though.

After that we stayed at a resort in Wayanad, and didn't budge from that place for 48 hours.  There was nothing to do there, and as a result, there was so much to do!

We took walks into the forest, watched the rain for hours, listened to birds and crickets, watched giant red squirrels jump from tree to tree,  listened to the silence, bird-watched, tree-watched, and Puttachi did a mini-PhD on touch-me-nots.

We heard and observed a number of birds, most of which I had never seen before, and whose names I don't know, whose songs are haunting me, both because of their beauty and because I don't know which birds they are....and now, I am teetering on the brink of bird-mania.

Anyway, now we're back in Bangalore, back to the regular routine......

Meanwhile, somewhere on the forest floor, a leech is digesting my blood.

5 comments:

Radhika said...

That's pretty neat and brief report :-) . Do post some photos.

bellur said...

did puttachi see a putt-leechi?

good to read that she loved the beach!

Aarthi said...

nice!

Anonymous said...

wow, lovely to hear about the
silence of the ever singing forest...

austere

kebhari said...

Nice Post!! I love to visit Mysore, Calicut.

- -